If your exotic or avian pet requires emergency care and your regular veterinarian isn’t available, Long Island Veterinary Specialists can help. Our emergency and critical care center is fully staffed and prepared 24/7 for all exotic, avian and other pocket-pet emergencies.
As an owner of an exotic pet, it’s important to understand that when these animals are critically ill, they often don’t show overt signs of illness. So if you notice your pet isn’t behaving as usual, it might need care right away.
Getting the appropriate emergency care immediately can make all the difference in your pet’s recovery. If you think your pet may need emergency intervention, please bring them to the LIVS emergency center any time, day or night.
Special care for unique pets
The services we provide
Our team is available to provide expert treatment specifically for exotic pets and birds, including:
- Diagnosis and treatment of behavioral issues such as dominance, aggression, or anxiety
- Diagnosis and treatment of dermatological issues and allergies
- Diagnosis and treatment for common ailments
- End-of-life care
- Medical and emergency boarding
- Neurological evaluations and treatments including seizures and vestibular episodes
- Ophthalmological assessments, treatments and corrective surgery for vision problems
- Orthopedic repair for breaks, fractures, and prosthetics
- Poison toxicity treatment
- Surgery for soft-tissue injuries
24-hour care and observation